I’ve been nominated for a prestigious award! It’s called ‘One Lovely Blog Award’, and it seems like a great way to show appreciation for fellow bloggers.
Big thanks to Pip for the nomination. She’s the author of an awesome blog: Professional Dreamer. Check her out.
So, much like Miss America, this honor comes with very important duties to attend to. As the old saying goes, “With great power comes great responsibility”. Below I will humbly attempt to live up to my nomination by following the 5 commandments, err rules.
1. You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. You must list the rules.
3. You must add 7 facts about yourself.
4. You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
7 Facts About Myself
1. This is my first blog. It’s only 2 weeks old, and I am thrilled with all the views and interaction going on here.
2. I’m originally from Brooklyn, NY, but moved to New Jersey when I was 10 years old. I also lived in the suburbs of Philadelphia, Pa for about 3 years, but returned to Jersey about 7 years ago.
3. I worked in retail management for years. It was horrible. Please, if you remember anything I say here today, do not work in retail management!
4. My grandmother was from Germany, and met my grandfather who was an American soldier stationed in Germany after ww2. I always wanted to know more about my grandmother’s experience as a German during the war, but she’s gone now. RIP.
5. I have political beliefs (mostly left leaning, not all) but I support no party. Unfortunately, I have no faith in the current political system.
6. I have started reading twice as many books as I have finished. This is because I have the attention span of a 5 year old. Although, my attention span is perfect for Word Press. Before I can get bored with a post it’s over :).
7. My wife is the most amazing person I know. She’s an amazingly creative free spirit full of love and emotion. She inspires me everyday, and I can’t imagine my life without her.
15 Bloggers I Nominate For the ‘One Lovely Blog Award’
This is the hard part as a) I’m new here and b) I’m not so hot at finding the actual links, but here goes:
1. Storytime With John– Check out his post “Back To The Future.”
2. Jessica & Love– Really cool fashion/lifestyle blog with great photos.
3. THEBLACKANDOLIVECHRONICLES– Didn’t know sarcasm and black humor came from 20 year old Indian ladies, but it’s awesome!
4. You Monsters Are People– Hillarious blog with great stories and original comic drawings.
5. Curlysblog– Interesting and funny with her own point of view.
6. Designed To Experience- Meditations On Healthy Living– Relatable self help. Good vibes.
7. Awkward Ambivert– Great rants and commentary. Also, he posted a George Carlin video, so he was a no brainer.
8. LAUGHWITHCHRIS– Only a few posts in, but I see potential. Very funny too.
9. Motvating Giraffe– Humorous giraffe based comic strips.
10. Nihilisticle– Liked her stuff on work place e-mails.
11. Pushing Play IRL– I was entertained by a post about dish soap. Now, that deserves an award!
12. Things Matter– Hannah promotes the reading of banned books, reviews Doctor Who, and refers to the most recent female villain as “Sexy Umbridge”. Nuff said. Award!
13. The Illimitable Ocean Of Inexplicability– Tasty yummy sarcasm. Mmm, that’s good stuff.
14. Life Love Sarcasm– Wants to write a post apocalyptic comic where Jesus comes back and kicks some ass. That’s pretty creative I think.
15. Professional Dreamer– Pip gives a great snapshot of college life in the UK, and is super supportive of new bloggers like me. Keep up the good work Pip!
OK, I got to 15! Thanks guys for having cool stuff for me read. Now, I have to leave 15 comments, then Miss America can get her/his beauty sleep.