Welcome to another installment of Unrelated Random Thoughts. Remember, these thoughts are my own, and not yours’ to toy with. They come from a very special and fragile place (my brain). So, be kind and gentle with my thoughts. They are both precious and random.
Unrelated Random Thoughts
* Ever notice how 99% of people who say “I don’t give a shit what other people think” give more shits than anyone? And the 1% who really don’t give a shit are friggin insane.
* I found both inspiration and whatever the opposite of inspiration is in the following. Jen Kirkman, the clever podcast lady/comedienne, said in a recent episode that Taylor Swift had been named the Ambassador of New York City, and it made her (Jen Kirkman) want to vomit. At first I also wanted vomit, but then was inspired that there are other humans besides myself who are sickened at the continuing blind worship of mediocre talent, and the marketing, and the…….. Okay off my soapbox for the time being. Click or tap here for the pod thingy!
* I’m concerned that the word “vomit” appears regularly in both my real and blog life.
* I’m having a hard time finding music that fits my mood lately. If you’ve seen some of my posts it’s evident that I like older stuff. Rock with a lot of soul behind it, but not “soul music”. I’ve listened to the likes of Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty, Queen and Billy Joel ad nauseum. I need something new (at least to me). I need stuff I can relax to, but also keeps me awake. It also has to be earth shatteringly transcendent and awe inspiring so you can see my dilemma. Any suggestions? Oh, please don’t say The Eagles. Just like The Dude, I hate The fuckin Eagles man!
* “ad nauseum”? What’s going on here?
* I find stand up comics to be the wisest of public figures. Does this say more about me, them or society.
* For no reason I don’t like to put an apostrophe over the n in fuckin. I know it’s customary, but I like it better without. Sorry if this or any other of my punctuation preferences confuse you. Okay, I’m not really sorry. Well, maybe very very just a little bit sorry. Like really the tiniest possible sorry. Like when you say you’re sorry for
forgetfully purposely not returning a text. That kind of sorry.
Sorry, that’s all,